Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The proposal!

Wedding Post Challenge
1. How it all began: how you met, first date, first kiss, how long did you date? first picture together... etc 

2when you knew he was the one: self explanatory.. but how and when did you know?


3. proposal: how it happened, how long were you engaged for? was it a total surprise?  pictures of that... etc.

4. the ring:  tell us about it! did you pick it out? did he? pictures! tell us about his ring too!

5. engagement/bridal pictures: let's see em!

6. the colors: show some of the flower and colors you used

7. the dress: was it what you always imagined? did you have it made for you? white or ivory?

8. the little accessories: you know, veil? shoes? jewelry? what did your bridesmaids wear?

9. the reception: where was it at? show us some pictures! what day did you get married?

10. the cake/food: i love food. so tell me about what you had at your wedding!

11. your song and/or the first song you danced to at your wedding: share a music video or lyrics if you can!

12. favorite part of the day and least favorite part of the day: can be anything.

13. honeymoon: where did you go? was it good?  ;) haha...jk.

14. thoughts on marriage: what is the easiest/hardest part? if you could change anything, what would it be?

15. first place that you lived together: pics if you have them!

16. kids: do you have any yet? if not, when do you plan on it? how many do you want? any tips on good/bad birth control?

17. most recent picture of you and your significant other and what you love most about them :) and any other thoughts.




QUESTION 3
 The proposoal. 

So our proposal... I will start from the beginning (creative, I know, but for my credit I tried to do it from the end to the beginning, but it wasn't very exciting).

In December we flew out to San Diego CA to see a concert and also to see his cousin. The hubs would talk about how well him and his cousin get along and how much fun they had together, so I was super excited! We were fairly new to dating (even though I knew I wanted to marry him and we weren't really all that new) I had one request. If we are going to San Diego, we have to go to the zoo! He agreed, although I am pretty sure he wasn't all that thrilled. He kept making grumblings about how zoo's smell and give him headaches. I assured him that I would supply lots of advil and water for him. So we planned a trip to San Diego for a couple days. Prior to this I had no desire to go to California ever. But when I got there, I thought it was beautiful!! And now I can't wait to go back and I want to travel all over California! The hubs and I had such a great time there! Our trip was full of laughter! There was a time at dinner where i think his cousin and the hubs were in tears they were laughing so hard. I may have gotten close too! :) We spent a couple lovely hours at the concert. It was full of some excitement with an annoying red head behind us (I am smiling as I recall the elbows, the sticking the foot out, etc) hehe. And of course their was 6 wonderful hours spent at the San Diego zoo! I was in heaven. If the cousin and the hubs were sick of it or bored, I wouldn't have noticed! But I think they enjoyed themselves a lot too! Our trip ended entirely too soon. Which brings me to the plane ride home... OOH THE PLANE RIDE. I was miserable! I don't know why, but I think the pressure was off on the plane, my fingers looked like sausages, my bag of pretzels was about to explode and I felt like I couldn't breathe. I was getting clausterphobic and I was about about to have a major meltdown. So anything the hubs said or did was held against him. I couldn't jump off that plane fast enough! So we get home, late at night, probably about 2 am. We are laying in bed, chit chatting, and all of a sudden he said "wanna open your Christmas present?" UUUHHHH YEA!!  So he crawls over to his bag and grabs the box (Tiffany's, oh yea) and I am hopeful, but don't want to seem disappointed if it is a charm or something, because I love anything my hubby has to give me. I open it and it is an engagement ring! I am super happy! I of course don't show a lot of emotion, which can be anti dramatic in cases like this. But I was ecstatic. I would have bounced up and down climbed on him and gave him a thousand kisses, but that just isn't me. I was speechless. I could hardly even talk, and if I did I had to fight back tears. It was wonderful! :)
Where he proposed with the ring! 

The beautiful ring! 

Giraffe at the San Diego zoo 

they were too funny

The famous Panda Bears 

Sitting at the airport waiting to go to CA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment